The Pictou–Antigonish Regional Library now has a public performance movie license which allows our library to screen copyrighted full-length, movies and documentaries for the public.
Children and families are invited to come to the library for popular family movies. Bring along your favorite, movie-munching treats (nut-free please). All features are free.
For more information on this program , please contact the branch library or our Programming Department at 755-6031.
At the Antigonish Public Library
- Friday August 8 at 6:00pm Rio 2
The Passport Summer Film Series
Come watch a movie on the library's big screen.
In partnership with All-of-Us Society for Art Presentation (ASAP) we will be screening free films for adults afterhours every Thursday night at 9:00 pm in our community room!
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
Thursday, July 24th at 9:00 pm
This film, directed by Wes Anderson recounts the adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend.
- The Band's Visit (2007)
Thursday, July 31st, at 9:00 pm
Directed by Eran Kolirin, a band comprised of members of the Egyptian police force head to Israel to play at the inaugural ceremony of an Arab arts center, only to find themselves lost in the wrong town.
- A Separation (2011) - August 7: A married couple are faced with a difficult decision - to improve the life of their child by moving to another country or to stay in Iran and look after a deteriorating parent who has Alzheimer's disease.
- Monsoon Wedding (2001) - August 14: A stressed father, a bride-to-be with a secret, a smitten event planner, and relatives from around the world create much ado about the preparations for an arranged marriage in India.
- Pacific Rim (2013) - August 21: As a war between humankind and monstrous sea creatures wages on, a former pilot and a trainee are paired up to drive a seemingly obsolete special weapon in a desperate effort to save the world from the apocalypse.
- Ugetsu (1953) - August 28: A fantastic tale of war, love, family and ambition set in the midst of the Japanese Civil Wars of the sixteenth century.
At the New Glasgow Public Library
- Friday August 1 at 6:30pm: The LEGO Movie
- Wednesday August 6th from 1-3:00pm: The Chronicles of Narnia
Friday August 15th from 1-2:30pm: Robots
At the Pictou Public Library
- Friday July 18 at 1:00pm: Marley & Me
- Friday July 25 at 1:00pm: Kung Fu Panda
- Friday August 1 at 1:00pm: Charlotte's Web
- Friday August 8 at 1:00pm: The Croods
- Friday August 15 at 1:00pm: Where the Red Fern Grows
- Friday August 22 at 1:00pm: The Lego Movie
- Friday August 29 at 1:00pm: Night at the Museum